Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mak'economy

I have a gripe with how this bad economy is seeping into my makeup products. I keep spending more money for the stuff I've been using for years and getting less than half of the actual product.
I think people assume I wouldn't notice that my facial cream is only overly-whipped up to the lid and not actually filled to the lid. I am tired of having to buy more and more mascara because mine lasts for two weeks, when before I had it for months. What's up with that? Mean while I am spending 10, 20, 30 and even 40 dollars for half the amount.
I have also noticed foundations now come in new frosted bottles. This is so I can't actually tell how much I am getting.
I understand we are in a recession. I know prices are higher because of it. I also know I don't wear an inch of mascara, foundation and facial cream on my face everyday, ever!
I am tired of having to purchase more and more shampoo and conditioner because those run out every two weeks too. I know I haven't grown more hair. In fact, I keep loosing hair, which is evident by the strands left laying around my bathtub, toilet, shower, vanity and in my hair brush.
I just wish the economy would either stop sticking it's nose in my concealer, or would step up and add more of it in my frosted bottle of makeup.

No comments: